McGraw-Hill Education IELTS, Second Edition is the ideal way to sharpen skills and prepare for this high-stakes English proficiency test, which is required for admission or hiring by schools, multinational corporations, and government agencies worldwide. Whether you’re preparing for the Academic or General Training version of the IELTS, you’ll benefit from the intensive practice you get from tests prepared by a veteran IELTS teacher and grader.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a paper-based test consisting of four modules: Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. Question types include multiple choice, sentence completion, short answer, classification, matching, labeling, and diagram/chart interpretation. This guide provides intensive practice with tests just like the real IELTS in format, topic coverage, and degree of difficulty. Tips on English spelling and grammar, and exercises throughout the book, prepare you for all sections of the test. Downloadable audio tracks model examples of strong responses to the speaking and listening sections.
Score-Raising Features Include:
• 4 practice Academic Tests
• 2 practice General Training Tests
• Drills to help you build the English language skills you need
• Strategies specific to each question type
• Advice on the best ways to approach the important Writing sections
• Special sections for people who need to reach Band Seven on the IELTS
• MP3 CD includes audio files to help you prepare for the Listening and Speaking sections
Everything you need to succeed on the IELTS in one comprehensive package!