Illustrated Textbook of Pediatrics 2/e covers the core curriculum for undergraduate teaching of clinical paediatrics. The second edition retains the innovative, full-color design of the first, incorporating numerous color photographs, diagrams, illustrated case histories and clinical hints & tips highlighted by a 'smiley face' icon. The writing style is succinct, with bullet-point lists used to facilitate reading and learning, and the content is pared down to cover what students really need to know . There is one new chapter on The Child in Society covering general issues in child health in developed and developing countries. All the system-based chapters have been thoroughly revised and coverage of ethics, evidence-based medicine and developmental pediatrics has been expanded.
- Case studies.
- Summary boxes.
- Tips for patient education.
- Highly illustrated with 100s of colour images.
- Diseases consistently presented by Clinical features; Investigations; Management; Prognosis; and, where appropriate, Prevention.
- Comes with an e-book for portability and ease of reference on the move.
New to this Edition
Separate chapters on
- Child protection
- Diabetes and endocrinology
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism