The language of medicine is complex, but learning it doesn't have to be. Using a conversational writing style and a logical, programmed approach, Building a Medical Vocabulary with Spanish Translations, 8th Edition starts with common words you hear everyday and adds new root words, prefixes, and suffixes to introduce you to key medical terminology. Additionally, this valuable text comes with a wealth of engaging review tools - such as interactive games, sound files, and Programmed Learning sections - to enhance your understanding of textbook terms and principles, polish your pronunciation skills, and help you get comfortable communicating in the language of health care.
- Easy-to-understand, conversational writing style makes reading and absorbing the material enjoyable.
- Programmed Learning sections allow you to actively participate in learning and get instant feedback on your progress.
- An Evolve companion website reinforces learning with audio pronunciations, interactive games, exercises, animations, flash cards, and more.
- Thorough explanation of terms enhances understanding by presenting vocabulary in the context of medical settings.
- Moderate level of A&P coverage provides the background that you need to understand body systems in the context of medical terminology.
- Health Care Reports and case studies allow you to apply your knowledge to job-like situations.
- Spanish translations cover common Spanish terminology that you are likely to encounter in the clinical environment.
- Be Careful with These caution boxes highlight important distinctions between terms that are similar in spelling and/or pronunciation.
- Comprehensive end-of-chapter reviews allow you to measure your learning against chapter objectives.
- The Joint Commission official Do Not Use list of error-prone abbreviations alert you to abbreviations that should not be used in the clinical setting.
- Bookmark pronunciation guide makes it easy to find pronunciations and may also be used to cover the answer column while working the programmed learning sections of the text.
- Glossary/Index makes it easy to find words and their definitions, and is great for final exam review.
New to this Edition
- NEW Special Sense Organs chapter is dedicated to coverage of the eye, ear, and other special senses.
- NEW! List of key terms with pronunciations in each chapter provides a helpful review that coordinates with audio files on the Evolve companion website.
- NEW ICD and CPT information includes ICD and CPT terminology.